Second Stable Release - v2.0.1 Now Available
In keeping with a plan to release regular updates to Exponent, we introduce "Infinite Immersion" (v2.0.1) to you one (1) month after the release of the first stable version of Exponent 2.0. In addition to fixing some nasty bugs like those corrected with the recent patch, we are still working to shed all remnants of Exponent 1.0 code.
However, unlike the 2.0 stable release last month, we encourage you to test any upgrade to v2.0.1 before applying it to a production site. There are some changes that could break a customized theme or modification. With that in mind, here's some of the changes you'll find in 2.0.1:
- If you use any YUI2 code in your custom theme or views, you'll need to verify it works before putting this upgrade into a production site.
- Several other 3rd party libraries were updated to include: SwiftMail v4.1.2 (adds secure connection protocol selection: SSL, TLS, or none), CKeditor v3.6.2 (adds iOS5 support), & the MagPieRSS feedreader class was replaced by SimplePie class
The theme engine was updated to include theme previewing, configuration, style variations, and mobile theme variations
- Adds new user configurable Multi-Options theme which also demonstrates the new FlyoutYUI Login view (note the green icon near the upper left corner)
- Adds selectable style variations to SimpleTheme which includes an example barebones Mobile theme variation (view the site on an iPhone or Android)
- The twitter module updated to better mimic twitter.com view, includes retweet features
- Many ecommerce updates
Several 1.0 style subsystems & modules were deprecated including the administration & login modules
- Any custom themes/views must be updated to reference login controller instead of loginmodule
We are planning on releasing updates on a monthly basis (last Friday of the month) as long as active development continues. However, this may be hindered by higher priority projects, absences, etc...